Short Breaks Commissioning
What we would like to achieve for our members ?
That Parent Carers have a better understanding of the Short Breaks Application Procedure and respite care .
These are the actions that would lead us to our outcomes
- Parent Carer reps attendance at and full involvement in Capital Grants Funding processes ensuring parent carer voices are heard and taken seriously
- Cascading parent carers so that they share this knowledge:
- What is it
- How to Apply
- How to spend it with the payment cards
- Available services to all Children who have a Disability and Additional Need
- Respite care is this different from a short break
- Available Resources for all to access.
- Updated info on the Local Offer Regularly
After our latest Zoom Chat with Amanda Price Short Breaks Commissioner we asked a few questions and the replies have been sent back to us .
We will know that these actions have had the planned impact
- More young people are able to access the Short Break Allowance
- Young people will feel valued and not lost in the system
- More info on the Local offer and updated regularly .